Home may be where the heart is, but the garden is where it goes when it wants to go take a break. We have put together some excellent gift items for those who are looking for suggestions to make either or both places a bit more enjoyable, whimsical, and or relaxing. If there is one thing we know, it is relaxing.
- Potting Bench - Originally designed for potting plants, this "garden chic" potting bench is made from durable Eucalyptus cladocalyx wood with an easy-to-clean zinc top. Useful in the garden for working on plants or in an entryway to hold keys and mail, as a serving table for garden parties, or anywhere a little extra table space is needed.
- Giant Cattail Birdfeeder - Silhouetted against snow in winter, standing tall among summer flowers, this oversized cattail bird feeder will enhance the garden all year-round. It holds a generous 4 cups of sunflower seeds, twice as much as other cattail feeders, so less refilling will be required.
- Folk Art Bird Watering Can - Who doesn't like folk art? The fact that it is also functional and useful is just a bonus!
- Bronzed Leaf Birdbath - The shallow bowl created by the elegant metal leaf of this birdbath catches and holds up to two cups of rainwater. Made of powder-coated steel, it has a tripod base for stability in the garden or on a patio. Also great for keys in the entryway or at the bottom of the stairs.
Cole's Wild Bird Feed - To keep up their high metabolic rate, most backyard birds need rich, energy foods such as seeds, insects and suet. When there is a sudden drops in temperature or winter storms, it is especially helpful to have food for the birds and to make it easily accessible. The birds who come around to the the RainyDayGarden in the Winter seems to really like the following Cole's Wild Bird Feed we put out for them:
- Hot Meats (seeds, suet) - Sunflower Meats, Liquid Habanero Chili Peppers, Safflower Oil
- Blue Ribbon Blend (seeds, suet) - Black Oil Sunflower, Sunflower Meats, White Proso Millet, Cracked Corn
- Natural Peanut (suet) - Peanut butter base in a no melt formula
- Suet Kibbles - Vegetable Suet, Wheat Flour, Peanut Flour, Berry Flavor, Vegetable Color, Dried Insects
- Special Feeder (suet) - Pecans and peanuts
- Apple and Pear Fruit Fly Traps - Attracted by the lure, fruit flies enter through the opening in the bottom and will not find their way back out. Every two weeks or so, simply rinse out the apple and add fresh batch of lure.
- Fruit Fly Lures, Set of 3 - For those who don't want to make their own, these are non-toxic lures for the Glass Fruit Fly Trap above.
- Nesting Triple Plant Stand - This freestanding plant stand is a lovely way to showcase plants, indoors or out. Simply unfold to create a stepped display of three 9" diameter platforms. Plastic feet protect floors. Each tier is able to hold up to 20 pounds.
- Personal Fire Rocks - These concrete rocks come as a set of three and burn environmentally-friendly, clean burning RealFlame gel fuel. Use them to line walkways in the evening for guests or just to light up the night on the deck or patio.
- Dyson Cool - No exposed blades, quiet, powerful. What more would anyone want in a fan? Awesome good looks? Done.
- Roolen Breath Humidifier - An "Intelligent" Humidifier. How? Breath is equipped with a detector that automatically adjusts the device to a humidity levelthat best fits the surroundings. It doesn't hurt that it also looks great doing it.
- PhoneSoap - Germs and bacteria can grow and thrive on our phones because they are always warm and they are stored in dark places. Some estimate that a cell phone is much dirtier than a public restroom. PhoneSoap Charger is proud to be the first and only cell phone charger that UV sanitizes and disinfects the phone while it charges.
- Tension Relief Lavender Wrap - Ultra-soft chenille wrap envelops tired shoulders, back, neck and chest in warmth and fragrance. The microwavable insert, filled with lavender, rice and flaxseed, also adds muscle-soothing weight to help relieve tension and stiffness.
BTW, if after all this you still can't find the right gift for those on your "good" list, you can always just give an Amazon Prime membership as a present :-) [Permalink] - RainyDayGiftGuide: Home & Garden